Thursday, 16 February 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow!!


Hair, I miss it! 

There you go that’s my opening statement, I have been let’s call it presenting the image of someone that is follically challenged for nine years now and although I have saved god knows how much in hairdressing bills over those years I still miss sitting in that chair, being shown that back of the head in that mirror (as it makes all the difference at that point), the choice wax or gel (I was always a gel man, I thought wax was for pretty boys, not for the likes of me!).  Those were the days.

Shaving your own head is pain in the backside, I have spent the last year or so “bic’ing” my head but my last experience of this resulted in so much blood that it looked like my head had had a brief encounter with Freddie Krueger!  This was just before Christmas, the irony of this all was that I was brought a set of clippers as a present by my Dad and Step-Mum!  So I am now back to the shaving my head with clippers, which is fine until there is about three days growth and I start to resemble something of a monk, DAMN YOU HAIR, DAMN YOU!!

So why am I bald, it’s supposed to be hereditary and I am informed that it is your Mother’s Father that you are supposed to follow when it comes to hair but my Grandad had a full head of hair and when you look at my brothers, one has the hair I’ve always wanted and pulls off all kinds of hairstyles (not that I am jealous), the other is rocking the surfer dude look, let’s just hope my 7 year old brother follows them and not me! 

I am going to place the blame on this and this alone!  Being a teenager in the 90’s has a lot to answer to, waistcoats, drinking bottles of 20/20, Boy-bands and highlighted hair!!  In my quest to look as good as possible I may have slightly dyed my hair quite often to pull off that blonde tipped look and to make it worse my hair dye of choice was that classic “Sun-In”, a quick spray or two or ten and spend a few hours in the sun and there we have it beautiful blonde tipped hair!  My Mum always warned me against using it as well!!

My thought of the day, listen to your Mum, she always knows best!

And to my hair, I’m sorry, I miss you and wish you were with me now!  x   

No comments:

Post a Comment