So here we are…..
I put a status on Facebook today and a friend commented that
I should start a blog with a statement like that! Writing a blog is something that I have been
thinking about for over a year now but just never got round to doing it, well the
time has come to grab that bull (computer) by the horns (keyboard) and get
blogging!!
The status earlier was…..
“I love that listening to a song can just take you back to
memories, a mini time-machine! I know a bit deep for me but hey ho!!”
I know, l know a bit cheesy and something that am I sure we
have all thought at some point but it amazes me that 3 or 4 minutes of a piece
music and some lyrics can stir up so many different memories and emotions and
really take you back to those moments years ago. A few years ago I dabbled in spot of NLP and
got a little sucked into to the mentality of all, one of the things I learnt
was a technique called anchoring when you use memories of being confident,
happy and basically just feeling on top of the world, then linking this to
touching a part of your body or to something like an item of jewellery, I spent
hours practising this and truly believed I had cracked it but after a while it
slipped and to the delight of my best friend (who hated the concept of NLP) said
this was proof that it was just a load of rubbish!
Now listening to one song that randomly comes on my iPod
takes me straight back to happy, carefree times and I suddenly have a spring in
my step and smile on face! A feeling
that all that time wasted on “anchoring” never got me close to. Yes, not all songs will have happy memories
but that’s life and that’s who we are and the experiences that have made who we
are today!
So what was the song and what was the memory……..
Parklife (Blur) and the memory is just mucking around with
friends in 6th Year Common Room at school.
Until next time,
Gav.

No comments:
Post a Comment